Friday, February 5, 2016

Week 6- Year of Jewelry Project- Full Fathom Five

This week's  scheduled subject was the painting by Jackson Pollock, Full Fathom Five.
It was the first of his paintings(1947) that used the "drip method" and was kind of cool, I suppose if you like that sort of painting...
I am skeptical when it comes to avant gard paintings... and to say the least, that is what his were.

Anyway, I kind of halfway cheated... ok, so I really cheated. I am NOT showing the piece that I have been working on for the whole of the week... I am including the bracelet that I made to match the Self-Portrait necklace at the beginning of the year. Gosh! The beginning of the year... I'm already describing it that way!

So this is the bracelet, done in flat, even count peyote stitch, with 11/0 triangle seed beads. It is bordered with triangles, and the focal is the polished lava stone, held in place by both triangles, crystals, and glass beads.

I kind of like this bracelet!



Kind of hate that Blogger will not allow me to rotate it around to the normal view point. 





No comments:

Post a Comment