Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Year of Jewelry Project - Week 1





Hi all, I'm Maire Covert, I'm from the Permian Basin in Texas (desert)... I make several types of jewelry, I started out beading when I was a kid, I do mainly peyote and Cellini now, string when I'm terribly busy...but... I do other stuff, too. I work in metals, vinyl, resins, paper, polymer clay, metal clay, and really love to use odds and ends. I'm hoping to show more of my work this year.

I can't wait to see the gorgeous jewelry everyone makes!

I'm starting off with this,I made it for myself, it is a conglomeration of leftover beads and a beautiful focal... a "Bellflower", from Lea Avroch. Her work is stunning, I added seed beads from 11/0 up to 6/0, delicas, tiles, crystals, glass of other shapes, resin flower caps, bugles, with a silver plated clasp. 

Happy New Year to everyone! Have fun and enjoy the creating and sharing!



No comments:

Post a Comment